Ah so OK, I’ve been a bit lax with the Instagram posts and well, I’m going to hit you guys with a mammoth post full of some of my favourite pics from the last couple of weeks. As ever, it’s absolutely full of photos of the food I eat and places I’ve been and is probably a good insight to the Chinese food I eat on a daily basis! These pics have definitely increased since my HK family are visiting and they can often be found in the kitchen cooking up a feast or baking lots of cakes. In fact, they’re baking Chinese coconut tarts this evening…so obviously, I will be instagramming (my username is diamondcanopy) that a bit later too.
1. Raybans in the garden 2. Dim Sum Sundays 3. Finding cute childhood pics of my sisters and I when we were little! 4. Salad Lunch in the garden 5. Fruit and Tea with friends 6. Still loving my kawaii laptop case and also my Dorothy Perkins flamingo print tote.
1. A brief trip to London 2. A snapshot of Selfridges in The Bullring (mall) in Birmingham 3. Coffee at 6/8 Kafe which is my favourite place for catch ups in Birmingham 4. Arches near Trafalgar Square in London 5. A Rice Noodle dish (Hor Fun with a variety of meat) 6. Victorian Sweet Shop at the old Back to backs in Birmingham.
1. Jamie’s Italian for Lunch – we love the south coast frito misto with posh chips 2. My little sister loves baking too and she made some awesome chocolate cookies 3. Posing with a giant plastic drumstick 4. Sunday dinner at home with Congee, Zong (rice parcels) and steamed dumplings 5. Ikea meatballs are my FAVE! 6. Black Sesame dessert
1. Dinner at my grandmas one evening (she cooked up a feast!) 2. New bracelet from COS 3. I love green tea and my family gave me lots of new stock! 4. Noodles with egg and frankfurters for lunch 5. My aunt’s new pretty Fuschia Mulberry 6. Brunch
1. My friend’s birthday cake 2. BBQ Chinese style (chicken wings are our favourite to grill!) 3. An old photo of my dad and his siblings from the 70s 4. More brunch 5. Wensleydale and crackers 6. The British countryside from a train window.
1. Liberty is the most awesome department store 2. Liberty Flower Stall 3. London Skyline from South Bank 4. The Damien Hirst Exhibition was awesome 5. Macarons at Ladurée! 6. The courtyard at the V&A
1. Vintage Archives at Miss Selfridge (will be sharing more pics soon!) 2. Fantastic Latte at Notes, Music and Coffee in London (Trafalgar Square) 3. London Eye and Carousel 4. HK Egg waffles(雞蛋仔) made at home! 5. Steamed buns at home for lunch 6. Typical Chinese dinner at home
1. Matcha Chiffon Cake 2. Tea and Cherries 3. Churros at Bodega (Birmingham) 4. Kawaii paperclips 5. Hanging baskets at Bicester Village 6. Lunch!
Right, I must not leave it so long the next time…it’s a bit of a visual feast huh? I have a weekend full of farewell plans with my family as they are leaving to fly back to HK on Sunday. It’s kind of crazy as I stayed with them during my 3 months in HK and then when I arrived back in the UK, it was soon their turn to visit and stay with us. So it does seem a bit strange that for the first time in 4 months, I won’t be seeing them every day! Well, until the next time I fly to HK that is…