48 minutes ago
21 June 2008
Yesterday I went to my friends 21st which was pretty tame to begin with because it was a family party. We then headed on to Subculture which is a 'rock' night at Carling Academy venue in Birmingham. It's not actually that bad and this is coming from someone who much prefers Indie venues for a night out. I used to be a bit of an 'emo' when I was about 14 and the music certainly brought back some memories. Even though it's meant to be a rock night, they still played a good mix of tunes from Indie, rock and a bit of drum and bass. Everyone loves pendulum so we all had a good old dance. We left at 5am and we were pretty shocked to see the daylight. We rarely leave clubs that late! My mom picked me up from my friends this morning which meant I had a shocking 2 hours of sleep.
Daffodil hair clips (TopShop)
Gold/Black top (TopShop)
Skirt -worn as a dress (American Apparel)
Belt (Urban Outfitters)
I've also been tagged by Sharon Rose, Cupcakes and cashmere and cuervogirl
The rules: List seven songs you are into right now. No matter what the genre, whether they have words, or even if they’re not any good, but they must be songs you’re really enjoying now, shaping your spring. Post these instructions in your blog along with your 7 songs. Then tag 7 other people to see what they’re listening to.
This was quite a fun one to do but also quite hard just selecting 7! Here are my 7 songs for Summer...
1. Alphabeat 10,000 Nights (so fun and happy!)
2. Santogold L.E.S. Artistes (such a great tune)
3. Jack Penate Got my Favourite (I was given a Vivienne westwood coat from my parents for my 21st last year and this always makes me smile because he mentions his own Westwood coat too!)
4. Guillemots Trains to Brazil (Definitely one for the summer)
5. Stereo Total L'amour a trois (I love this band and this is one of my favourites...even though it's about threesomes! haha)
6. Incubus Wish you were here (The lyrics are simple but so effective and you can't fail to imagine yourself 'digging your toes into the sand' on a beach somewhere)
7. The Libertines- Don't look back into the sun (legendary band)
In turn I have tagged the following 7 ladies for their tunes for the Summer!
fashionista with ambition
Right, I think I'm off to have a nap!